Hello World 2.0

Hello again to everyone and anyone.

Its been exactly 1000 days since I last posted on this blog. That was the 31st of December 2019.

Its not that I stopped writing. I've been sharing my thoughts through lengthy posts on Facebook where the reach is more I guess. 

Recently, I received a notification through email about this blog so I decided to check out and see what have I done here in the years gone by. 

The title of this blog says "a place to read my mind". Similarly, it was nice to read my mind from many many moons ago. It did also bring a smile here and there reading some of the things that I have written. 

What has changed now? So many things I guess.

The last time I posted, I said I am getting married in a few days. So, now, I am married to this wonderful lady who is probably keeping me in check. Her name is Muiza. Met her sometime back. I guess things clicked. Asked her the question. Both homes were happy about it. And it happened. 

COVID happened. Lockdowns, quarantines, vaccines, discrimination, and what not. I too ended up in a hospital, spending 10 days there including 3 days in the ICU. Thanks to god and the prayers of all those who prayed for me, I recovered and here I am writing about it. Even got married in the middle of it all with as many friends and family as possible around allowed at that time. 

With the lockdowns and what not, I guess there was more time to learn and explore. Completed a few courses during this time. A few new opportunities also opened up. Explored a few, exploring a few and will explore a few. 

We had a new addition to the family. My niece Taaliah was born. A little bundle of joy together with my nephew Zayn. The two are growing up so fast and I can only watch it all on video unfortunately. But I am super proud of the two. Cant wait to see them again hopefully in a few months time. 

Then there is work. With the pandemic, everything came crashing down. All the plans we had were out. But that also was an opportunity for us to think differently. As always the team took up the challenge and we came back strong. Did so many things that looking back now, we can laugh about how we pulled it all off. Imagine doing a conference with 100 speakers from around the world, 2500 participants, over 5 weeks, 2 days each week and 4 hours each day. All virtually. Yeah we pulled that off. How? that's the magic of the team and the supporting service providers we had. 

And as you all know, things are a bit different now. Times are tough. The #Aragalaya happened. Things changed (but was it the change we wanted?). Economy has nearly collapsed. Everything in Sri Lanka with regards to financials has gone up. Prices of goods, prices of services, inflation, exchange rates etc. etc. But unfortunately, the salaries of people have remained the same or even gone down. How people are going to survive and get through these times, I dont know. Unfortunately, those who can do something about it, still are in the denial mode. 

Lets see where all this goes. Times are tough like I said and times are changing. 

Until I decide to write again,

Adios! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sri Lankan Photographers : What the hell are they doing?

11/11/2010 - The Day That Colombo Went Underwater!!

2017 Sri Lankan Holidays - Google Calendar ICS File